Welcome, families! Are you interested in enrolling your student at Park Brook Elementary? Here's some important information about our school that you may find helpful.
Park Brook is an elementary school with a strong Focus on Fitness initiative at its core. Research indicates that increasing movement before instruction and increasing overall fitness is beneficial not just for health, but for academic growth, positive behaviors, and mental health. Visit Principal Taylor's website to learn more about the research behind our Focus on Fitness initiative.
During a regular school year:
• Classes pause throughout the day for Brain Boosts (exercise),
• Students sit on kinesthetic seating,
• We host fun fitness classes before and after school,
• Students go on weekend field trips to participate in fitness events throughout the Twin Cities,
• A fitness studio is used as an intervention for students who need additional exercise to focus or to increase academic growth, and
• Students set individual goals for fitness, similar to the goals they set for reading and math.
Our Focus on Fitness initiative has been adjusted due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but it is still in place and keeps our scholars active during distance learning.
If you would like more information, please reach out to Mr. Taylor via email or phone at 763-561-6870. If you call, please leave a message and he will return your call as soon as possible. While our district is in distance learning Mr. Taylor will not be able to meet with you at the school, but he will look forward to sharing more information about Park Brook via a phone conversation or a Google Meet. Thank you for your interest in our school!